Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Newcastle Brown Ale



Okay reader, I get it. You want more than JUST candy. You want a glimpse into my soul. As both my therapist and Heroin dealer understand, I can never say no to peer pressure, so here is your glimpse.

After a hard day making sex jokes about 16 year olds, calling my boss a sociopath and reviewing her shitty Necco Wafers, how does a workaholic like me wind down and relax? If it is Thursday afternoon, it is with Newcastle Brown Ale.

Newcastle keeps changing the location of it's brewery since the former manager and current terrorist known as Sir Bobby Robson got his hand on some explosions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tyne/7468798.stm


9/11 for Newcastle lovers


Excessive smiling is a side-effect of Asbestos


The Newcastle website is worth a look as well. It is very interactive and very creepy. Before entering it made me put my birth date in which was retarded because although the drinking age is either 18 or 21, you can't get drunk off a website. After this prompt some dude in a t-shirt and a dog came up and asked me where I would like to go. Not making this shit up, go to the website. He told me I could go to Pub or the Record Store but him and his dog would be on the rooftop (WTF?) I mulled over my options as I watched the back of the head of the same blonde woman pass by 30 times or so.

http://newcastlebrown.com/

Anyway as for the beer itself, It's easy to understand why someone with a candy blog would be a fan, Newcastle tastes very chocolate-like. There is no shitty aftertaste like you get with some other brews and it is one of the smoothest beers I've had the pleasure to try.

This is a definitive recommendation of Newcastle Brown Ale from me to you. Hope you enjoyed my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment