Saturday, April 24, 2010

Who needs bread anyway? Review of the KFC Double Down



The KFC Double Down. The KFC Double Down. The KFC Double Down.

This sandwich has caused more discussion in the Fast Food industry and more disgust in pussy health-food groups than any sandwich in years. The only comparable item was Wendy's superior Baconator which debuted in April 2007.

The commercial for the Double Down was amusing/ kind of racist
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=TVLEB0lv1rw

And Colonel... "You da man!"

After hearing all the discussion about this sandwich I of course had to get my hands on one. Me and a fellow Fast Food lover my good friend Emmanuel (I don't know if I spelled the name correctly, who gives a shit, if his parents wanted him to be easily known they would have named him David) made a promise to try this as soon as possible.

We saw a really unappetizing advertisement as we walked into the KFC and to my dismay my friend Emmannneul backed out! I give credit to the Double Down in all it's mighty myth that it could turn a fast food lover into a pussy health-food sympathizer just with an ad.

The truth: This thing wasn't even that bad. It was so much smaller than advertised. and beyond the grease, high amounts of sodium it was not even that hard to eat! I thought it was semi-tasty and would try it again. I'd give it a 6 out of 10. I ate this with a side-order of fries, and probably could have gone for another one if I wanted to look like Hurley from Lost.
I'm the only person on a desert island to get fatter. Whoa.


After all the myths and talk, these are the measurements for the Double Down
http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/pdf/kfc_nutrition.pdf

540 calories
32 grams of fat

Wahhhhh. Not even as much as a Big Mac. Just try it for yourself. You know you are curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment